The long awaited Sleek Audio SA6 and W-1 Wireless Bundle Pack is now available from HiFi Headphones. The W-1 wireless adapter enables you to listen to your audio source at full lossless, CD quality within a range of 18 metres (without obstructions).
The W-1 either comes bundled with a Sleek Audio SA6 earphone, or alternatively comes as a standalone W-1 Wireless Adapter if you already own the Sleek Audio SA6 earphone.
Below are a few product highlights:
- Lossless CD quality sound, using Kleer wireless technology.
- SA6 earphone is sound isolating design rather than earbud style (as used on the Sennheiser MX W1), meaning earphones seal in the ear correctly to reduce low frequency (bass) leakage and for best noise isolation.
- Revert back to wired operation when batteries run out.
- Sleek Audio W1 Wireless pendant sits behind neck and can be secured under clothing. User reviews suggest it stays secure while exercising.
- User reviews at Head-Fi.org suggests slight improvement in bass response over wired SA6 (from iPod without headphone amp).
CD Quality, Lossless Digital Audio
The Sleek Audio’s W-1 Wireless uses a completely new technology called ‘Kleer’, which provides a CD quality, lossless digital audio link between the audio source and your earphones.
If you have tried RF wireless headphones or earphones in the past it’s likely you were disappointed by the limitations of the technology. Even the highly regarded Sennheiser wireless headphone range introduce noise to the audio signal, which is audible when listening to quiet passages of music. The audible hissing sound and occasional crackly interference really get in the way of enjoying your tunes.
With the Sleek Audio W-1 wireless there is no longer any compromise over audio quality if you want to get rid of the wires.
Compatible with Sleek Audio SA6 and Future Models
The highly regarded Sleek Audio SA6 made waves in the earphone World at the end of last year when it introduced the idea of customisation to an earphone. With the SA6 treble and bass response can be custom tuned to suit your equipment, ears and the style of music you are listening too.
According to Sleek Audio they intend to make the W-1 Wireless Adapter compatible with future earphones in their line-up. There are rumours of a lower end Sleek Audio earphone in early 2009 (an SA3?) and possibly a very high end earphone after that (can they really dramatically improve the audio quality of the SA6?).
The Sleek Audio SA6 and W-1 Wireless bundle pack is available in the UK from the HiFi Headphones store.